January [Excitement]

I think I'd like to list some of the things that I'm very excited about for this month of January. I mean, a lot of things interest me, but there are a few things that I will probably follow up on in the weeks to come because they've peaked my excitement. Here are a few of the [random] things for January that have me wound up:




The Daphne Guinness Collection for MAC



This was actually released last month in the United States but MAC Trinidad recently sent out an email teasing for it, which means it should drop in Trinidad branches some time this month. I'm a fan of earth tones and a smokey eye so the pigments are very intriguing to me. My go-to beauty blog Temptalia rated the eyeshadow quad pretty poorly so I won't bother to snag that, plus I've already built my own palette with similar colours.
Here is a look at the pigments that I will probably be getting:


Aurora

Circa Plum

Nebula

All photos are credited to Temptalia. Take a look at the review of the pigments here and the video review of most of the collection here.



Jason Wu + Target

My experience with Target Designer collaborations has been in flux. One I was extremely excited for: Mulberry + Target was a huge let down in my opinion and the opinion of a few bloggers that I follow. However, I know the Missoni + Target collab shut down the retail giant's website and cleared the shelves in store. I'm optimistic that the Jason Wu + Target collaboration will have the same effect, since the collection's Lookbook has me all antsy.
My go-to for fashion news, Fashionising says the following of the collection:

"As far as designer / high street collaborations go, Jason Wu for Target is a winner. The 2012 collection is prim without being stuffy, ladylike with a flare of 1960s retro-chic, yet basic enough to come with the promise of wearability. There’s little to fault in the vintage-inspired prints, full pleated skirts, and straight-cut minidresses.
The accessories have a similar appeal to the clothes: woven handbags and kitty-print scarves are the kind that would add a dollop of retro sweetness to the simplest of outfits."

Word is that the prices will range from $19.99 to $59.99 which is amazing considering the aesthetic of this collection. Here are a few of my favourite looks and items:





I'm hoping to be able to grab a few things on the website...though that didn't go so well the last time I tried with Mulberry. Check out the whole collection here.


Matthew Williamson Pre-Autumn/Fall '12

Holy crap do I love this collection. Like...I would wear every look barring [maybe] two and that's rare for me to say. I've said that only about Balmain S/S '12 collection to date. The bold prints and bright colours are signature Williamson but his designs have evolved...a few beautifully structured pieces, heavily beaded clutches with fox tail adornments, sleek and sexy evening gowns. I mean, Williamson has always done sexy well but his hand seemed heavier in this collection, it's a mature sexy, a career woman sexy.
Check out a few of my favourites from this collection:








Check out the entire collection here.





1 Response to January [Excitement]

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Your style and fashion selections are superb. Damn I miss Target..there was one right by my house in Miami. Got great things from there..but it's definitely a store where everything fits differently so you really have to be there to try on the clothes. Not sure how you manage with shipping everything back and forth!!

Wish I was able to pick up some Missoni pieces before they sold out!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search

 

Copyright © 2009 A La Folie All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes